The thing computers can do best is storing information.
You shouldn’t waste your time trying to remember and type your passwords. KeePassXC can store your passwords safely and auto-type them into your everyday websites and applications.
KeePassXC is probably the single most important software program and personal database.
It is essentially designed as a safe password storage, but can be used for any piece of information which needs to be kept private. Like …
bank account numbers,
PIN codes of your various devices and ATM cards,
Every piece of information that needs to stay private should be kept in the KeePass database.
If you use KeePassXC for your secrets …
- You will never have to remember a password again apart from your KeePass
- Never have to use the same password twice or more for different accounts,
websites etc. since you don’t need to remember them anymore;
- Automatically create and use very strong passwords which are impossible to
guess and are very hard to break, even for government agencies;
- As single encrypted file the database can be stored and synced
across all your devices and stored on unencrypted drives or third-party cloud storage.
- You might also give a copy to a friend or family member for safekeeping,
as they can’t access it without the pass-phrase.
Besides running on our Ubuntu Desktop, the KeePass database format can be read by applications running on the following platforms:
To get the latest available version the following PPA (Personal Package Archive) can to be added first:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phoerious/keepassxc sudo apt update
After that …
Install keepassxc from the Ubuntu Software Center
or with the command-line:
$ sudo apt install keepassxc